5 reasons to eat Blueberries
If you are going to do one new thing this week for your health – eat blueberries!
Now, blueberries are not cheap, but neither is a bar of chocolate or a cappuccino, and which is better for you?
Here are five reasons to tuck in:
1. Eating blueberries could help you lose weight, Already regarded as a “superfood” because of their high vitamin and antioxidant content, the berries may also have the power to trim excess fat from our bodies.
2. In just one serving of blueberries, you can get 14 mg of Vitamin C – almost 25% of your daily requirement.
3. Blueberries are one of the richest sources of proanthocyanidins. These phytonutrients decrease free radicals levels that are linked to aging (yes, wrinkling!) and disease.
4. Eating blueberries can improve your memory and reverse the forgetfulness of old age, Scientists found that compounds called flavonoids in blueberries and other fresh fruit interact with nerve cells, increasing communication between them and stimulating the regeneration of brain cells.
5. And they may provide a new weapon against harmful cholesterol. Researchers have found a compound in the fruits which acts as effectively as a commercial drug used to reduce levels of the “bad” form of cholesterol.